SOLAR LAMP CHALLENGE; SENEGAL
PROVEN INTERVENTION TO BE DISTRIBUTED
Solar lamps and solar energy systems.
Learn more about the Solar Lamp Challenge and how these lamps create enormous benefits for developing world families.
DISTRIBUTION MODEL INNOVATION
Sage will use a scalable 12V solar energy system that delivers electricity via a PV panel, lithium ion battery, and USB connectors. The system has a 3-room light array and embedded pay-as-you-go technology allowing affordable monthly payments via mobile money. These systems meet the Lighting Global Quality Standards. Sage's intuitive pay-as-you-go platform allows customers to pay via mobile money, receive a numeric unlock code via SMS, and then enter that into a keypad on the system. Such innovation allows for efficient, secured payments in affordable increments.
Sage will leverage solar hardware and user payment data to build data driven customer relationships and profiles that capture what people have, want, and can afford. Sage CRM will aggregate payment and usage data, sales agent survey data, and responses from SMS communication. Continuously tuned analytics will create credit scores, improve sales operations, and personalize promotions.
PILOT AND SCALING GOALS
- Build out of branding / distribution in Senegal
- Onboarding and training of team of field agents
- Installation of approximately 400 solar home systems in rural Senegalese homes, generating monthly recurrent revenue of > $4,000
- Development of customer Relationship Management (CRM) and payment automation software.
- At 6 months, deploy 400 energy systems, 300 lighting packages, 100 TV packages
- At 6 months, reach 2,000 direct beneficiaries
Dan Murphy- Co-founder and CEO
Matt Evans - Co-founder and President
Kat Harrison - Director of Field Research and Operations